In the spirit of some objectivity, I am going start to periodically treat readers to “no hate” specials:
Here are the places I don’t hate:
- Osha – consistently good, flavorful food even if too “middle class” for the local doucherati. Ooops, here my hate comes again. I dare you to find a place that serves better lamb.
- La Mediterranee – an awesome food, reasonable prices, cozy, casual vibe and a relatively non hateable clientele. Also good for eavesdropping.
- Truly Mediterranean – this hole in the wall stands out as the most authentic middle eastern food in town. Pretty much no other places comes close.
- The Grove – no matter how much they jack up their prices, how cold their drip coffee is, and how bad some of the dishes are, they offer the type of ambiance that you can’t find pretty much anywhere else in SF.
- You are welcome to add more relevant places that are not hateable, subject to approval of course.