Substance might be more important than form, but execution usually trumps both.
- What you do for a living is not as important as who you work with and the overall atmosphere in your office.
- What the movie is about is not nearly as important as how it’s made, the characters’ personality and the underlying message it carries, if any. Even more so – what the book is about is not nearly as important as how it’s written.
- The lyrics and the music are important, but not as important as the singer’s voice of the singer.
- What you do on a date isn’t nearly as important as the behavior and the attitude of the person you are with as well as your own.
- What you wear is not as important as how well it fits you.