1. Demanding yet pointless jobs take up long hours and lead to stress, which kills libido, thereby eliminating the need in, and hope for, romance, which wasn’t all the strong in the first place.
2. Degrees and high wages (sometimes) make them feel important and act like they are all that.
3. Substandard social life, limited to happy hour small talk and Facebook/Instagram is hardly emotionally satisfying.
4. Texting replaces the pleasure of hearing the voices of those you care about and like.
5. Overpriced dining at overrated restaurants, drinking, yoga, and being “outdoorsy” on weekends don’t quite cut it.
6. Lastly, pretending being happy, bubbly and fabulous on the inside makes the pain from inner despair all the sharper.