One talented, controversial writer recently made the following piercingly true observations about the American culture as a whole:
“Mirror mirror on the wall, tell me who is the most narcissistic of them all. Tell me who can’t stop themselves from taking a million selfies, from attention whoring all hours of the day, from talking about themselves as if the sun orbited around their center, who exaggerate all accomplishments and brag about the most minor of achievements, who think running a 5k is a noble duty, who eat at fancy new restaurants as a way to brag to their friends, who look down on those who don’t have the right job or the right clothes or the right gadgets, who believe that the laws of human nature can be defeated with Botox and that they are the most unique snowflake of them all. Please tell me who this person is!”
I put those parts in bold which appear to me to be more relevant to San Francisco than any other place in our glorious nation.
Days become all the more daunting, when fun and joy are taken out of those activities that are supposed to be inherently pleasurable, such as exercising. Spin cycling is a classic example of self-imposed misery in a hamster-like setting, which becomes more and more popular in SF.
1. Moscow is 18 times bigger.
2. Moscow is 1000 times cleaner.
3. Moscow has no (visible) homelessness, or smell of urine on the streets.
4. Moscow is full of 24 hour cafes.
5. Moscow is a home to the kinds of delicious teas you haven’t tried before and you won’t find in too many others places.
6. Moscow is full of 24 hour flower shops.
7. Moscow is not a tourist trap for obvious political reasons. The fact that it’s unpopular in the world makes it all the more special of a destination.
8. Moscow will inspire you to love more, sooner and more intensely with its common PDA’s. You might have forgotten what it means to love, adore, and court, but observing the behavior of the local youth will be a strong reminder. Hurry, before it gets poisoned by Tinder and alike, like it has been in our blessed locality.
9. Moscow is exotic. Its architecture and dimensions are unlikely of any other city.
10. Moscow is full of huge, well-maintained majestic parks.